Ever felt like you’re constantly on the go, trying to get everything just right? I’ve been there, and it reminds me of a story. You know Mary and Martha from the Bible? Yesp, those two. When Jesus dropped by their home, Martha was all over the place trying to get things perfect, while Mary? She just sat down and had a heart-to-heart with Him.
Most women, like us, get Martha. If someone as important as Jesus came to my house, I’d probably be in a frenzy too. But here’s the thing: sometimes, in the midst of our busyness, we miss out on the real moments. The deep conversations, the spiritual connections, the moments that truly matter.
The Tale of Mary and Martha: A Lesson for Modern Lives
THE NECESSARY THING”…but only a few things are necessary, really only one, for Mary has chosen the good part, which shall not be taken from her.” (LUKE 10:42). The good part, which Mary had chosen, was to listen to the Lord’s teaching. In the final scheme of things, the things Jesus said that day were of much more importance than what He ate. Today, if we are too busy to commune with the Lord; to pray and study His word; to meditate on life’s purpose and to enjoy a peaceful, private time with Him, then there is something horribly wrong with our practice. If our walk of faith consists mainly of going to church and then on with life’s busy day then we are not receiving of the goodness that the Lord has planned for us. And if we are so hassled by the routines of daily existence that we find ourselves lashing out at those we love as Martha did on that occasion, then isn’t that a good indication that something needs fixed?https://www.bible.ca/ef/expository-luke-10-38-42.htm
The pivotal point of this message seems to hinge on Mary sitting at Jesus’ feet. The term sitting at one’s feet means to be taught, listening intently to a lesson. Do you remember the movie Yentl? It’s about a girl so eager to learn that she dresses up as a boy.
Personally, this hits home because my mother didn’t insist that I become Bat Mitzvah; unlike my brother who was assumed at birth he would have a Bar Mitzvah at thirteen. Even today, Jewish women are not given the same opportunities as men in Jewish orthodoxy. Men and women can’t even sit in the same room in the synagogue!
That’s Mary for you. In a time when women weren’t really “supposed” to be part of such discussions, she took a seat and listened. She wanted more, and she went for it.
Embracing Change and Reconnecting with What Truly Matters
Now, think about your own life. How many times have you been so caught up in the daily grind that you missed out on a “Mary moment”? Maybe it’s skipping a quiet moment of reflection because you’re running late, or not taking that five-minute break to just breathe and center yourself.
Feeling overwhelmed with clutter? Can’t find that one important document when you need it? Or maybe, your space just doesn’t feel like it reflects the real you. That’s where a professional organizer steps in. They’re not just about tidying up; they’re about helping you create a space where you can think, dream, and focus on your greater purpose. A space where you can have more of those “Mary moments”.
The Role of a Professional Organizer in Crafting Your Perfect Space
- And speaking of spaces that allow for reflection, have you ever felt overwhelmed with clutter? Or spent ages looking for that one important document? Sometimes, our surroundings can become a reflection of the chaos in our minds. That’s where a certified professional organizer can be a game-changer. We don’t just help tidy up; we assist in creating a space where you can think, dream, and focus on your greater purpose. A space tailored for those “Mary moments”.
- Have you ever felt:
- – Drowning in stuff and unsure where to begin? We’ve got you.
- – Like there’s never enough time in the day? We’ll help you prioritize.
- – You have space but aren’t maximizing its potential? We’ll figure it out.
- If you’re nodding your head, maybe it’s time to consider some professional guidance.
- So, next time you’re feeling swamped and overwhelmed, think of Mary and Martha. And if you feel the need for a little clarity amidst the chaos, consider scheduling a free session. Let’s get you organized God’s way and bring God;s order into every area of your life!
Sending you all the love and hoping you find your “Mary moment” today. 💖
“Martha, Martha, you are worried and upset about a great many things. Mary has chosen the better (the necessary thing) and it will never be taken away from her.”-Luke 10:41